Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Schadenfreude is bad

So I was at the bar on Saturday night, and my favorite East-side queer indie-rock dj, Paul V, was up doing his thing, and he gets on Bush, like he usually does. Alright with me. I'm wearing my Kanye "George Bush doesn't care about black people" T-shirt. Paul even plays the clip. But he gets going about how great it is that these guys are getting their due, how finally it's coming around, etc. So I lean over to Kevin and I say "yeah, and I guess it's going to be coming around for the next three and a half years". The point is, we're stuck with it. They aren't going anywhere. It's good, very good, that these guys are getting their due. And maybe if the Dem's take back Congress next year, we might actually get to the bottom of what went on leading into the war. But George Bush could get caught on camera beating a baby seal while taking slugs from a 40 of Olde English, and it wouldn't matter. It would only mean "President Cheney".
Unless Dick gets indicted....

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Does Freedom Of Speech Apply To Blogs?
William Duvall says the power of the web log lies in its status as free speech outside of what he calls the "mainstream media." "This is speech, publicized speech outside the corporate structure and it's open ...
Hi, I was blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, see my ##DisneyWorld## related site. We have special vacation bargains for everyone. You may find one you like. Tim

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home