Monday, February 20, 2006

Medical Update

FYI, it will be three weeks from my surgery on Thursday. I'm starting to eat some soft solid foods (scrambled eggs, won-ton soup) and I'm getting adjusted to the tiny size of my new stomach-pouch. I'm not ever really hungry, and it's hard work to get the protein I need (I'm getting sick of protein drinks!) but I feel good, although I have very little stamina and am pretty wiped out in the evenings. In these three weeks I've lost about forty pounds, and I can definitely remark the difference in how my knees feel, how my clothes fit, and how much easier some tasks are. Going down the steep slanted stairway leading to my house is no longer the semi-controlled descent it was for a while there. The next few months should be challenging, but I've got no regrets. I just wish that I was already there!

As for my mental connection with food, I'm still struggling with it. That cheap endorphin rush was a great cure-all for boredom, and I've struggled to fill that void. In a couple of weeks, when I can actually start going to the gym and properly exercising, things should improve. Until then, I'll just walk my dog, eat my scrambled eggs, and stick to the program.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. Sounds like you made it through without any major complications.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home