Monday, January 23, 2006

Everyone Knows, It's Buttars!

So I was reading this article about right-wing Utah State Senator Chris Buttars, the man who sponsors most of Utah's fringe legislation, like the ban on gay marriage, attempts to ban gay-straight alliances, attempts to squash the teaching of evolution, etc. Here's one delightful quote for all you Theo-cons out there:

"A great deal of my political stands come from my faith," said Buttars, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. "I represent the values that have always been America's morality."

Never mind that the values of the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints include polygamy and polytheism, and that Mormons have a long history of persecution caused by the fact that, well, their values haven't always been the same as "America's morality". What really caught me about this article was the photos of a beaming, round-faced Senator Buttars:













Where have I seen this mug before? Oh yeah:


















Everyone Knows, It's Butters!

Like the good Senator, Butters from South Park also considers himself a "Moral Crusader". I wonder if the Professor Chaos outfit comes in a 52 long:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home