Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Back To The Grind








So today is my first day, or at least half-day, back at the big pink factory. I'm feeling much, much better. I get my stitches out this afternoon. I'm pretty tired and I don't feel like I could do a sit up to save my life, but overall, no more pain or dicomfort. I'm still on the liquid diet and I'm sure that is one of the reasons I'm so easily fatigued (about 500 calories a day right now) but I've been eating soup and yogurt, and in a couple of days, I'm going to try scrambled eggs. Small victories are good.

The best part about my checkup this afternoon is that I'll be getting myself weighed, and I can see what has happened in the last two weeks. I know that I'm losing weight. When I came down the steep stairway from my house this morning, my bad knee didn't complain, and I just felt lighter. Plus, I had to cut a new hole in my belt. Hopefully the first of many!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. I love your followup on this story, and hope it continues - we're rooting for you!

ok, dumb question: what happens when you reach your weight goal & don't have any more fat to burn? Do you just eat lots of small meals for fuel?

12:53 PM  
Blogger Brad C. said...

Congrats! My roommate (who's moving out next week to be nearer family) had a gastric by-pass a few years ago. He has to eat about six smaller meals a day, usually with a protein smoothie. He has to go to the bathroom about as many times in a day.

But despite the inconveniences, he's not only recovered his health, he's recovered his life. Instead of being plagued by chronic illness over the span of a dramatically shortened life, he is now healthy, vigorous, and pursuing opportunities he could only dream of before the procedure.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thx for responding, buddy. sorry for the personal questions, spencer. it's really not my business!

4:33 PM  
Blogger leftcoastbreakdown.com said...

Kitten, hopefully, when I hit my target weight, I'll just be able to maintain. Yeah, it's going to involve lots of small meals. THe omportant thing will be to get enough protein, something I'm already struggling with. But slowly, my stomach will expand, and it should be easier.
I love personal questions!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home