Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pause In Transmission


OK, I'm signing off until after surgery. I'll be in the hospital until Saturday, and then recuperating at home. I'll probably get bored and be back on the internets by next week, and you'll get a full report of the gory details.

I'm a bit nervous and unsure, but also excited. I want more then anything to be in shape to play rugby in the third Bingham Cup, in New York in late May. That's the prize I'm keeping my eye on. The next month will be pretty miserable but this is hardly the first time I've had to radically re-invent myself. Thanks for all the support, the nice e-mails and comments. It really makes a difference.

I'm sitting on the edge of my bed right now, and the Basset-Beagle, who has been especially mild-mannered in the last few days, just came up and leaned himself against my back, his snout on my shoulderblade. I hope that he'll still want to do this when I am far less padded!

See you on the flip side.

Cheers,
Spence

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home