Monday, March 06, 2006

Health Update

I passed my one month mark since surgery last Thursday. I feel really good. I've lost about 45 pounds, and it's starting to have an impact. My knees feel better, I have more energy, and I've been getting a bit of exercise, mostly in the form of walking the Basset/Beagle in my neighborhood, up some of the steepest streets in L.A. In the next few weeks, I intend to start going to the gym and rugby practice, and getting myself back on track. I've been able to eat a wider range of solid foods (chicken salad on white bread is a favorite) and I even went to the Cheese Store of Silverlake yesterday for some nice soft cheeses. Humboldt Fog rules!

I certainly don't regret having the surgery. I've had my dark moments, but overall I know that this is a good thing. I've also realized that it is just a tool, and that I'll have to work just like I did three years ago when I lost over 100 pounds. This time, I just have some help in controlling the overeating that has been my fall-back position in the past.

My goal is to lose 100 pounds by the Bingham Cup in late May. I think that I am well on my way to this goal. After that, I'd like to lose another 50 pounds by the end of the year. I've been thinking of doing the AIDS Lifecycle S.F.-to-L.A. ride next year. Let's hope that my knee holds together and my weight continues to drop. The less pounds I have to push the better!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing what's going on for you... it's pretty interesting, and I hope you continue letting us know how it goes! (and congrats for taking action & doing something... so many folks get stuck in personal ruts)

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home