Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hot Enuf Fer Ya?

A rather bland piece in the New York Times today discussed the numerous heat-related deaths in California in the last week. But this was by far the stand-out gem of a paragraph:

Actress Lindsay Lohan, 20, was overcome by the heat while filming a movie in 105-degree weather on Tuesday and treated at a hospital for overheating and dehydration, publicist Leslie Sloan Zelnick told ''The Insider'' entertainment show.

I guess that's what happens when it gets hot enough to freebase off the sidewalk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw more Staph infections (most of them the feared MRSA kind) in my office in two weeks than I normally see in six months. The only factor to which I can attribute it: the abnormal heat we had for three weeks. It really looked like an epidemic for awhile.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home